Friday, October 23, 2009

Social networking sites are just strange to me...

I have to start with these "social networking sites" which I don't need to name. I've tried very hard to "get into it" but most often find myself wondering why we really think that our "friends" are interested in our random thoughts and frequent updates about what we are doing/thinking at any given moment (hmmm, kind of like this blog I guess!?!).

It's weird to me--I sometimes post things just because I think I should. And I really don't understand all the games on these sites--you can buy friends (oh, the comments I could make about that alone), do something with farm animals, etc, etc, etc...

But, I'm sure I'll continue to log on to see the interesting things people post and read the "deep thoughts by Jack Handey" postings that are apparently supposed to inspire me somehow. And, my visits to the site will surely give me some WTF thoughts which I can share here. SO, I guess those social networking sites are a good thing for me after all.....

1 comment:

  1. I noticed you'd been on Facebook more frequently lately. I thought it was because you actually cared. Now I see you're just looking for "material" for your blog. User.

    ReplyDelete